Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Cecil Payne-Ron Carter Duo


Cecil Payne Dossier#2 - An ongoing series of posts on one of the giants of baritone sax  


I just returned from Switzerland, but my heart is still there. I spent four wonderful days in Fribourg, attending FIFF, meeting friends and doing some side activities, including a couple of interviews I gave (on cinema) which in case you are a German reader and interested in Iranian cinema, could be accessed here.

Trying to re-live the memory of the place, nothing serves me better than the Cecil Payne-Ron Carter duo, doing their Lover Man in Bern, Switzerland, May 8, 1998.

The video is from my VHS collection. Still more to come as a part of the Payne dossier.

April 2, 2014. Walking under the mighty bridges of Fribourg

No comments:

Post a Comment